Well here it is, the day after the Detroit Lions played their regular season opener against the Chicago Bears and to put it mildly I am probably not going to watch another NFL game this season. I am truly disgusted at the rule/call that the referee made when Calvin Johnson made his spectacular touchdown catch giving the Lions the go ahead with less then 30 seconds remaining. I hope that Mathew Stafford is going to heal quickly as the last reports have him at 3-6 weeks but not requiring surgery (whew). The defense played with such grit, heart, and determination that I almost said they did a good job although a defense that does a good job does not allow the opponents offense to have over 400 yards. Hill never seemed to get into any kind of rhythm and seem out of place for most of his playing time but I would imagine he will become more comfortable over the next couple of weeks since he will have more time with the starters. The incomplete pass call at the end of the game on Megatron when he clearly caught the pass is disturbing and heartbreaking. I have read comments saying he was showboating and celebrating and that's why the ball came out of his hand. NO, if you watch the replay you will see that he caught the ball, landed on his feet, fell on his hip and butt, stuck his hand out possibly to avoid injury or slow him down or for whatever reason and then started the motion of getting up already when he let go of the ball. Granted he did make a slight motion to regrab the ball but quickly took off to hug teammates because he thought he had the game winner. The play was dead (in the opinions of almost everyone that watched the game or watched the replays) then he started the motion of getting up and let the ball go or whatever. How the hell is it a runner can break the plane with possession then lose the ball and its still a TD? I am tired of the inconsistencies of the NFL and disgusted with what these great committees have done to the game of football. With all of these rules that contradict each other and the rules that just have no place in football (not to mention how bad the refs are half of the time), it is very hard to get excited about a game that has lost its spirit! I give Jim Schwartz much respect for not blowing his cap but trying to lead by example with all of the young players on his team. He could have pointed fingers at a lot of different people and not many people would have disagreed but he did not. All in all, I will not be supporting football in any way anymore! No watching of the games or purchasing anything NFL licensed. When I first seen the ruling I thought wow this confirms to me that the NFL TOO is corrupt and rigged. Someone asked well if you think it was rigged then who benefited from it being rigged? Of course it would be the people that are in the know jackass! I don't know specific names but anyone with that knowledge would benefit! It was asked in a manner that would suggest not a single person would come out on top if the NFL was rigged. I feel terrible for the rest of the Detroit Lions Faithful as this was plain robbery. Detroit fans deserve much better then this. They have proved to be some of the most loyal, passionate, and deserving fans that I have seen or known. To endure what Detroit has through mismanagement over the years and to still wear the Lions Caps and apparel is unreal. To still attend the games is almost lunacy. This year was going to be different (and maybe still will be), this year we were getting our crap together and going to take a jump to the professional level... until Sunday. With the injuries of two key players and the horrid call at the end, I guess we will have to wait and see. Let me know as I'm done! Thanks again to all of the Lions Faithful - It has been an honor going to battle with you over the years. Thank you to the readers for allowing me to go on a very scattered rant and allowing me to vent. I needed that. Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment