Friday, September 10, 2010
2010 Detroit Lions
Well another NFL season is upon us and only a few days left until the Lions have their season opener against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. Usually I am so filled with excitement and anticipation that I can barely sleep at night just waiting to hear those few words that any Lions fan patiently waits for year after year. The Lions Win! This year is no different. This year is the year that we make that push no, that big push to that promise land of NFC CHAMPIONS! With Schwartz at the helm, Stafford, Johnson, and Best leading the offense, Suh hungry and ready to explode on defense, this is going to be the year that we start to separate from other NFC teams and start to take over the NFL. I will admit that I know that it will probably take a number of years before we can start talking Super Bowl and Lions even in the same sentence but to know that we are on the right track and that we WILL NOT be the grub worms on the bottom of the food chain in our division for much longer if not actually getting out of the cellar this year has filled me with that much more excitement and anxiety. The first thing to jump start this whole fire is TO BEAT DA BEARS! With the Bears being those grub worms this year ; ), the Lions will have to fight tooth and claw against the likes of Rodgers and the Pack and good ol' Mr. Wrangler himself and the Vikes. This will be very challenging as we meet the Vikes in weeks 3 & 17 and the Packers in weeks 4 & 14. I do think we are going to take at least one game from both of them and at least one from the Bears (hopefully we get this first game of the regular season to build momentum), maybe even both games against the aging Bears. To hit 7 - 9 wins this year is my expectation (I already drank all of the Kool Aid - sorry) and it should be reasonable with the talent on this team this year. Anyways I have goose bumps now just thinking about those few words that Detroit and most of Michigan have been waiting for for years... THE LIONS WIN! SEE YOU ON THE FIELD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment